Let me just preface this band - SO GOOD. There, I said it.
Coldworld - Hymn to Eternal Frost Bah!
What an album...I usually buy my albums based off of the 30 sec previews via emusic.com or itunes (if Emusic doesn't have it), and I bought this album about...2 years ago? It's really dang good. But, it's one of those albums you need to be "in the mood for."
Despite that, the album, FIRSTLY, is a depressive-black album. It lives up to this, easily. But there is something special about this album...it feels...post-apocalyptic in sound and scope. I remember listening to it while walking one day in an enveloping snowstorm - one of those storms where the flakes look like marshmallows in size, the sky hangs so low and gray and the snow is so thick that if you didn't look where you were going, you may get lost. But I remember thinking that this album felt so..."in tune" with this weather. It is a beautiful yet miserably sad album.
I also suggest this song: Coldworld - Winterreise
Always remember: SUPPORT bands you LOVE!
Kippis!
-Vulpes
No comments:
Post a Comment