Moonsorrow - Raunioilla
I will begin with one of my absolute favorites - Moonsorrow.
I cannot express the feelings I hold deep within for this band; their music is truly a gatekeeper letting the scribe of my soul and heart into the glory of my mindscapes - absolutely pure beauty. According to iTunes, I have listened to this song almost 400 times...at 13:37 a go, that's close to 5500 minutes worht of listening.
This song really draws out an immense, rainy landscape for my mind; a cold, neigh-winter shore overlooking the Baltic sea somewhere in northwestern Finland, long ago. I can practically feel the grime of the seaspray on my leathery skin as the cold winter brings its storms and onslaught yet another year.
But, of course, it's just a song! That's what I can see in my mind when I hear it. The lyrics (Raunioilla Lyrics) show immense depth, and despite the length of the song, it truly never fades in beauty, like a dear loved one aging - I feel the same every listening, and only can sigh in awe.
I will be posting much of Moonsorrow's vast works in the future; such a talented band is not easily overlooked, especially in the enormous, multicontinental works that lay within the genre of folk metal!
-Vulpes
No comments:
Post a Comment