Wodensthrone - Heofungtid
This phenomenal band from the U.K. is in cahoots with the band "Winterfylleth," who I will link another day.
I was immediately drawn to this band, namely this song, and couldn't stop listening to it - over and over. So masterfully composed and arranged, especially the "vast" and sort of "spacy" sounding portions found at 1:27 and then repeated throughout - brings the smell of damp, dead leaves in a midforest clearing to mind, maybe at a full moon night, with the sound of only a nearby river rushing in its age-old, never ending cycle. When I'm out mushroom hunting and roaming in the woods near my home (Piers Gorge, seen here, only I go about 2-3 miles off the path into the forest - I know the deer trails well), this song always comes to mind when I stop for a moment to drink and have a look at the surroundings; the song has a haunting effect with its thick atmosphere.
Many bands have great songs, and oftentimes, the album the aforementioned "great song" is featured on is just okay, or even "meh." I can assure you, the entire almost 70 minute album is very engrossing - there are no times when you feel as though you detach from the songs and jump back to reality.
Interesting fact: this album was recorded in the "in house" studio used by the renowned band "Negura Bunget."
Kippis!
-Vulpes
No comments:
Post a Comment